Types of Visas and Fees

Puerto Rico is a territory of the United States and thus, a visa is not required for citizens of United States. We suggest a passport valid for 6 months past then entry date.

All non-American passport holders are required to have a valid passport, and for some countries, a visa is required.  It is the responsibility of the participant to obtain a visa if required.

Types of Puerto Rico Visa

Tourist Visa
If you are someone who is planning to go to Puerto Rico as a tourist, you will require a tourist visa. You need to make sure that your passport is valid for at least 90 days before you leave for the country.

Business Visa
People going to Puerto Rico for representing their company, attending a business meeting or some other business purpose, you will require a business visa. Getting a business visa for Puerto Rico is not as difficult as it is for some other nations and there would not be any major hassles involved.
Visa requirements by country, fees and other Visa information, CLICK HERE

Invitation Letter Request

An Invitation Letter can be sent to you or your employing institution by email (for you to print) inviting your participation in the Congress in order that you may apply for a Visa to enter Puerto Rico.

Please send the information below and an Invitation Letter and other supporting letters will be sent to you to take to the embassy or consulate.

Other helpful documents include:
•  A flight itinerary and receipt indicating that the applicant has paid for a flight to and from the congress location.
•  A Congress registration receipt indicating that the applicant has paid the Congress registration fee.

Email the following information to info@ifta-congress.org:
Email subject line should be: Invitation Letter Request

Your title (Prof. - Dr. - Mr. - Ms. - Mrs.)
Your Name as you want it to appear on the invitation letter.
Your Address
Your Email Address
Telephone Number