Types of Visas and Fees

For more information on Visitor Visas for Thailand, the application process, Visa requirements by country, fees and other Visa information, CLICK HERE

The VISA EXEMPTION RULE allows tourists from 52 countries to enter without a visa. They are granted a stay of maximum 30 days but only if entering Thailand via an international airport. However, persons, entering through a land border checkpoint from neighboring countries will be granted a maximum stay of 15 days.

Under the new provisions of the VISA EXEMPTION RULE effective December 6, 2008, passport holders of 52 countries are entitled to enter Thailand under this rule provided that they meet the following criteria:
1 The visit is strictly for tourism purposes.
2 They must have a confirmed return ticket to show that they are flying out of Thailand within 30 or 15 days of entry, as appropriate. Open tickets do not qualify. Traveling over land out of Thailand by train, bus, etc to Cambodia, Laos, Malaysia (including en route to Singapore), Myanmar, etc is not accepted as proof of exiting Thailand.
You may be asked to show your flight ticket on entering Thailand. If you do not possess a flight ticket to show you will be exiting Thailand within 30 or 15 days of entry you will be most likely to be refused entry.
3 It will also be necessary to prove that you have funds of at least 10,000 THB per person during your stay in Thailand.
A fee may be levied on persons entering Thailand under the VISA EXEMPTION RULE.

Note that a person traveling using a "UK Travel Document", a "UK Certificate of Identity", or a "British National Overseas Passport", cannot enter Thailand whatever their nationality. They are subject to visa rules concerning their nationality.
UK, USA, Canada, Japan, France, Germany, Italy, Russia, Macau, Hong Kong, Laos, Vietnam will receive 30 days in both airport or land border.

Korea, Brazil, Peru, Argentina and Chile will get 90 days in both airport and land border.

For a list of the countries exempting under the Visa Exemption Rule, Click here

Invitation Letter Request

An Invitation Letter can be sent to you or your employing institution by email (or postal service) inviting your participation in the Congress in order that you may apply for a Visa to enter the United States.

Please complete the form below and an Invitation Letter and other supporting letters will be sent to you to take to the embassy or consulate.

Other helpful documents include:
•  A flight itinerary and receipt indicating that the applicant has paid for a flight to and from Kuna, Hawaii.
•  A Congress registration receipt indicating that the applicant has paid the Congress registration fee.

Title: (*)
First name: (*)
Family name / Surname: (*)

Address to send letter to: (*)
Please fill in your address exactly as it needs to appear on the mailing envelope

Send my letter by: (*)
Invitation Letter needed for:
Email Address: (*)
Telephone Number: (*)